Last month we reported that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City had been removed from Steam and other digital platforms due to licensing issues with some music tracks. Today, Vice City is now available again on Steam. Instead of removing the songs from all copies purchased before the removal, Rockstar has been nice enough to publish the updated version as a "separate game". This means that if you had Vice City before the licensing issue, you will continue to have the tracks that were removed -- even if you redownload the game. If you are just now purchasing Vice City, you will receive an updated copy with the songs removed. As we do not have access to the newer version, we cannot confirm what songs have been removed. However, we suspect that any songs removed will also be missing in the mobile version, which will be released tomorrow.
EDIT: We now have a list of songs that have been cut from the mobile version of Vice City. We suspect that these are the same songs cut from the updated digital version.
- Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"
- Michael Jackson -"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"
- Ozzy Osbourne -"Bark At The Moon"
- Kate Bush -"Wow"
- Herbie Hancock - "Rock It"
- Afrika Bambaataa -"Looking For The Perfect Beat"
- Lionel Richie - "Running with the night"
- A couple of songs from Radio Espantoso
Thanks to Ash_735 for the list!