News: Social Club cards launched

Join to remove

Author Topic: Any good?  (Read 8743 times)

jbeabout09

• New Kid
    • View Profile
Any good?
« on: May 03, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
I thought about picking this up one day but wasn't sure if it was any good.   What are your guys opinions?

AJ Collins

• Administrators
  • New Kid
    • View Profile
Re: Any good?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »
While on one hand I loved Undead Nightmare, I also have a dislike for zombie games. I know that seems weird but I feel like the idea has been done to death now. The story is excellent as to be expected with any Rockstar game and is longer than what most other games will give you for DLC. However after you have completed the story and performed the new challenges, there's not a whole lot to do unless mindlessly killing zombies is your thing. That's not necessary the fault of UN though; it's more of a fundamental problem with zombie games. While single player might not leave much after the story and challenges, multiplayer defiantly does shine. It's similar to the survival mode of Left4Dead where you work as a team to fight off waves. If your team performs well and sticks together, you all get some nice surprise weapons and abilities. It's really fun if you get into a session with friends or people you know. Watch out for dying though because once you die, you don't come back. If you enjoyed Red Dead Redemption or if you even just love zombie games, I'd say you should go out and get it right now.

Shadowsniper

• New Kid
  • Video Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:02:10 PM »
I liked the main storyline of Read Dead Redemption a lot more, but Undead Nightmare was a great experience too. You should definitely try it, there's also some great multiplayer modes :)

puzzLe

• New Kid
  • Bay Area '81
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
Gotta admit that I sold my copy of UN since I thought the story behind it was pretty predictable and lame. Plus all you do afterwards is kill zombies like AJ said. It's - I wouldn't say this if I didn't mean it - a waste of money to be really really honest.

TaxiSLY

• New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 01:13:13 AM »
Well, i liked original RDR and undead nightmare.. In UN the fun thing is only multiplayer, but the storyline sucks in it imo :-\ Like killing zombies in multiplayer with friends, or kill bigfoots :D

Hannibal

• Administrators
  • New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:47:56 AM »
I thought it was good.  It took a bit to get used to it, but I mean what beats running around on a horse killing zombies with it?