News: GTAIV: San Andreas Beta 3 is out now

Join to remove

Author Topic: Max Payne 3 anticipation  (Read 13815 times)

AJ Collins

• Administrators
  • New Kid
    • View Profile
Max Payne 3 anticipation
« on: May 02, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »
What are you guys looking forward to the most with Max Payne 3? Anything you want to see come back from the first two games? Personally, I'm looking forward to playing the entire story. The single player preview I was able to play at the fansite event has me craving more shoot dodging, bullet time and of course James McCaffrey's voice.

joshrussell59

• New Kid
    • View Profile
Re: Max Payne 3 anticipation
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:06:08 AM »
Im really looking forward to the multiplayer looks like a ton of fun can't wait something new besides COD or any source games LOL.

NumeRo

• New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 05:23:54 AM »
i looking forward too others 2 parts i play with my father and we love this :D soso  :-* 8) 8) 8)

puzzLe

• New Kid
  • Bay Area '81
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 05:38:48 AM »
Looks amazing, lucky fuck for getting to play it early
Never been too much into MP except for some Xbox sessions at a friend's house, however seeing this I should probably catch up with alot of stuff.

AJ Collins

• Administrators
  • New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 07:36:37 AM »
Looks amazing, lucky fuck for getting to play it early
Never been too much into MP except for some Xbox sessions at a friend's house, however seeing this I should probably catch up with alot of stuff.

I wouldn't worry too much about playing the first two. Rockstar has stated you don't need knowledge of the first two to understand Max Payne 3. However, if you have the time to play them it will help you get the references Rockstar has made to the previous two and appreciate the New York City flashbacks.

jbeabout09

• New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »
I would have to say looking forward to playing MP.  Never really played MP 1 & 2 so who knows if i will get the story or not  ;D  And with just getting Xbox live bought time I start playing games with MP!

Shadowsniper

• New Kid
  • Video Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »
I haven't played the previous games, but Max Payne 3 looks pretty awesome. Looks like they're actually putting effort into the PC version as well, it's not even a port. I'm going to rent it on Xbox as soon as it comes out, and buy it on Steam when it comes out for PC :)

Determined

• New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 01:03:27 PM »
You just have to play the prequels, they're as much a breakthrough in gameplay as they are in storytelling. Great action combined with superb soundtracks & a great mood & narration throughout the games is what makes them such a unique experience, I think I've played both of them through about 10 times.

As per MP3, I don't really have any expectations, I don't anticipate it, I'm preserving a "wait and see" attitude right now. Part of it is 'cause I really didn't like the previews, they seemed very different, in terms of setting & how the game looks. I hope it doesn't ruin the game's unique theme. It just seems too bright & colorful & try-hard graphics driven for me at this point. Well, since AJ has actually played a small portion of the game, he could prove me wrong with my predictions. Is it different from what I imagine?

AJ Collins

• Administrators
  • New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »
You just have to play the prequels, they're as much a breakthrough in gameplay as they are in storytelling. Great action combined with superb soundtracks & a great mood & narration throughout the games is what makes them such a unique experience, I think I've played both of them through about 10 times.

As per MP3, I don't really have any expectations, I don't anticipate it, I'm preserving a "wait and see" attitude right now. Part of it is 'cause I really didn't like the previews, they seemed very different, in terms of setting & how the game looks. I hope it doesn't ruin the game's unique theme. It just seems too bright & colorful & try-hard graphics driven for me at this point. Well, since AJ has actually played a small portion of the game, he could prove me wrong with my predictions. Is it different from what I imagine?
For me personally, I think the game plays and looks like a Max Payne game. The "too bright & colorful" argument is kinda moot and you probably get that feeling due to the fact some levels take place in the daylight which is understandable. The section I played was mostly during the night so I can't really speak for the daylight levels, but I can say the night levels did have the same noir feeling as the first two. This even goes for the Sao Paulo levels and the multiplayer levels I played. As for the graphics, while the game does have some of the best graphics I've seen in a linear game in quite awhile (especially the PC version), I never felt like Rockstar worked on them more than say the story or game play. The selection I played really did shine in all three ways: story telling, game play and graphics.

Though I do have to say that it seems like everyone has their own feelings on the Max Payne noir style. I've talked to people who were huge fans of the original two and coming back from playing a demo of MP3 (at other gaming events), they thought Rockstar retained the noir. Then there are others who are more on the fence about it or didn't think the same at all. I must admit I was a bit weary about the style when I first seen some previews but after seeing more of the game and then actually getting to play it, I'm extremely pumped now for the release.

Determined

• New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 01:34:23 PM »
Thanks for keeping my hopes up, that's about all the insight I needed to look forward to the game, hopefully they'll make a demo of some sort, so I can check its worth myself.

TaxiSLY

• New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »
I just hope it will be good as 1 and 2, and not repeating same storyline. I will buy it anyway since i am Rockstar fan  ;D

Urban Legend

• New Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »
Personally looking forward to a kick ass storyline filled with lots of unexpected twists and turns. They said the cut scenes will flow directly into the game play so you have to be on your toes at all times. I haven't really witnessed this in any game I can think of but I'm sure it's out there. Multiplayer should be really dope also. I will try my damn best to be at the PSN event on the 18th...

anything